Spelling (Options dialog box)
this dialog box to select options to check spelling while you type,
control the type of text Designer checks for spelling errors, add
and remove custom dictionaries, and open the Edit Dictionary dialog
box to edit your Custom Dictionary.
To display this dialog box, select Tools > Options and select
Spelling from the list on the left.
- Check Spelling While Typing
- Enables spell checking while you type. When this option is
selected, a wavy colored line appears under misspelled words anywhere
- Wavy Underline Color
- Opens a color palette where users can select an alternate
color for the wavy line that appears under misspelled words. The default
color is red.
- Spell Check Options
- Lists the types of text in a form that Designer can check the
spelling of when you use the Check Spelling dialog box. All options
are selected by default.
- Perform Spell Check On
- Lists the areas you can select to spell check.
- Installed Dictionaries
- Lists the dictionaries that are available for spell checking. Designer
uses the selected dictionaries when spell checking a form. The first dictionary
listed is always your (current user) custom dictionary (My Custom Dictionary).
This dictionary is always selected for use and cannot be removed from
- Add a Dictionary
- Opens the Custom Dictionary File dialog box from which you can
locate and open the custom dictionary files (*.clam) that you want
to add to the Dictionaries list.
- Remove a Dictionary
- Removes the selected dictionary from the list of installed dictionaries.
Does not delete the actual dictionary file (*.clam) from your computer’s
- Edit the Custom Dictionary
- Opens the Edit Dictionary dialog box from which you can view
the list of words available in My Custom Dictionary under individual or
all languages, change the spelling of any of the listed words, as
well as add words to and delete words from individual or all languages.
You cannot edit the contents of the other installed dictionaries.