Master page properties in the Pagination tab
select a Master Page, the Pagination tab in the Object palette presents a
number of pagination options.
- Odd / Even
- Specifies whether the master page appears on the front (odd)
side, back (even) side, or both sides of the paper when the rendered
form is printed:
- Odd (Front) Pages
- The master page appears on the odd-numbered printed pages.
- Even (Back) Pages
- The master page appears on the even-numbered printed pages.
- Blank Pages
- Inserts a blank page with no flowed content. This option
is useful in double-sided printing when you want the back (even)
side of the printed page to be blank so that the next section starts
on the front (odd) side of the next printed page.
- No Odd/Even Restrictions
- There are no restrictions on the master page during double-sided
printing. This option is the default for all master pages.
- Specifies the page that the master page is applied to in
the form design:
- First Page (in Page Set)
- The master page is applied to the first page within the page
- Last Page (in Page Set)
- The master page is applied to the last page within the page
- Only Page (in Document)
- The master page is applied to the only page within the page
set. Choose the Only Page (in Document) option when the data merged into
the form does not cause the content area to flow onto more than
one page. Only one master page can have a placement set to Only
Page (in Document).
- Rest of Pages
- The master page is applied to pages between, but not including, the
first and last pages generated by the page set.
- No Placement Restrictions
- No restriction is applied to the master page’s location.
No Placement Restrictions is the default placement.
- Include Page in Numbering
- Specifies whether pages that have been rendered according
to the selected master page should contribute to the total page
count. By default, the option is selected and all pages are counted.
- If First Page in Document
- Sets the page numbering for pages that have been rendered,
according to the selected master page:
- Continue Numbering from Previous Document in Batch
- The numbering increments from the last document processed
- Start At
- The numbering starts at this specified value.