Data Binding (Options dialog box)
this dialog box to turn active labels on and off, set the default
color for active labels, and set the default binding for new subforms.
To display this dialog box, select Tools > Options and select
Data Binding from the list on the left.
- Show Dynamic Properties
- Turns the active labels for dynamic properties on or off.
Active labels indicate which properties can be dynamic. They are
identified by a green underline that you can click and dynamically
bind the property to a data source.
- Use Custom Label Color
- Sets the default color for active labels.
- Custom Label Color
- Opens the color palette in which you select the color for active
- Default Binding for New Subforms
- Sets the default binding for new subforms.
- Use Name
- Sets data merging and saving options. Data values are merged
and stored implicitly according to Adobe data-merging rules.
- No Data Binding
- Clears data merging and saving options for new subforms.
A new subform will not be involved in any data-merging operations
- Warns about missing information.
About Missing Data Connections
- Displays a warning when you open a form and Designer cannot
locate the sample data file that is specified in the Connection
Properties dialog box. Warning is shown for all data connection types,
except OLEDB. (See Connection Properties dialog box.
- Warn About Missing Preview Data
- Displays a warning when you click the Preview PDF tab and
Designer cannot locate the data file that is specified in Data File
box on the Preview tab in the Form Properties dialog box. (See Form Properties dialog box).
- Automatic Data Connection Updates
- Warns when the source file for a data connection has changed
- Show Update Dialog when Source File Changes
- Displays a warning dialog box when the file that is the source
of a data connection has changed and enables you to update the connection.