Working in Connect Central
Connect Central is a web application used
for working with Adobe Connect accounts. Administrators use Connect
Central to manage an account and its users. Meeting hosts use Connect
Central to create and schedule meetings. Training managers use Connect
Central to create courses and enroll participants.
Log in to Connect Central
- In a browser window, enter the account
URL included in the Welcome e‑mail.
- On the Login page, enter your login and password.
- Click Login.
Edit your profile
- In Connect Central, click My Profile.
- Do any of the following:
Click My Profile to view your user information.
Click Change My Password to change your password.
Click Edit My Preferences to change your time zone
Click My Audio Profiles to select or create an audio
profile for an audio conference.
Click My Audio Providers to select or create your
own audio providers. These providers are not available to other
users on the account.
Click Group Memberships to view your group memberships.
Click Organization to view your manager and team
Determine Adobe Connect version number
Knowing your version number can be useful,
especially when contacting Adobe Connect Support or when reporting
any issues with an application.
Do one of the following:
On the Connect Central login page, move
your insertion point over the Help link. The version number appears.
In a web browser address field, enter http://<connect_url>/version.txt and press
- Start Connect Central.
- Do one of the following to search any content to which
you have access permission:
- If you selected Advanced Search in step 2, do one of
Select Search Within Content to search
recordings, courses, presentations, or all of them. If desired,
use the Show menu to narrow your search.
Select Search Titles and Descriptions to search
content, meetings, training, seminars, folder or all of them. If
desired, use the Show menu, Field menu, and Date Created fields
to further narrow your search.
- Type keywords into the search field and click Go.
Detailed results are listed in the bottom pane. Click
a column header to sort the results.
- (Optional) Click on the name of an item to open the item
for viewing. Click a parent folder to open the folder that contains
Note: It is possible to have access to an object, but not
to the folder containing the object.
Connect Central icons
Connect Central uses icons to represent meetings,
seminars, presentations, courses, and curriculums.
- A presentation that is associated with a group of enrolled
learners with tracking for each individual. The course can be used
independently or as part of a curriculum.
- A group of courses and other learning content that guides students
along a learning path. Curriculum can include Adobe Connect content, presentations,
meetings, seminars, and external content such as classroom sessions
and reading lists.
- External training
- In a curriculum, training that occurs outside Connect, such
as classroom training.
- An Adobe Connect event includes registration, invitations, reminders,
and reporting. Events usually involve a large number of participants and
are built upon an Adobe Connect meeting, seminar, presentation,
- An online real-time meeting in which a host or presenter
can show slides or multimedia presentations, share screens, chat,
and broadcast live audio and video.
- Virtual Classroom
- An online class with customizable layouts and reusable, archived
content. Virtual classrooms have audio and video capabilities, as
well as breakout rooms for collaborative learning.
- A seminar is a scheduled meeting conducted for at least 50
participants and involves little audience participation or interaction.
- A recorded meeting or seminar, that users can view at their
- Authorware content
- Files created in Macromedia Authorware from Adobe. Authorware
is a visual tool for creating e-learning applications.
- A presentation created with Adobe Presenter, a plug-in for Microsoft
PowerPoint that lets users add audio, quizzes, and visual features
to a PowerPoint presentation. PPT and PPTX files are converted to
presentations when they are uploaded to Adobe Connect.
- Image file (JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP)
- Image files can be drawings, photographs, charts, graphs,
icons, or any other type of graphics.
- FLV file
- A video file.
- HTML file
- File defining the structure and layout of a web document
using a variety of tags.
- MP3 file
- An audio file.
- PDF file
- An Adobe PDF file.
- SWF file
- A Flash Player multimedia file.