create a button and set its Control Type to Submit, the Submit tab appears
in the Object palette. It displays several options specific to formatting buttons
that submit data.
Submit to URL
Sets the location of a web-hosted server. You can
specify the ftp, http, https, or mailto protocol.
Sets the format of the data to submit.
- XML Data Package (XDP)
- Submits a package in the file format created by Designer.
Choose this format if the form initiates server-side processing,
or to submit the form design, the form data, annotations, and all
other relevant information needed for Forms to subsequently render
the form at run time.
- Submits a package containing an embedded PDF file. Choose
this format if the form contains a signature field, or if a copy
of the form along with its data needs to be saved by Forms, or submitted
to another type of target server. Do not choose this option if the
form initiates server-side processing, if Forms will be used to
render at run time HTML forms or forms whose layout adjusts, or
if the form is a PDF form that will be filled in Adobe Reader without
the use of Reader Extensions.
- XML Data (XML)
- Submits an XML data stream, which allows for the hierarchical representation
of data and can be parsed by any generic XML parser. Choose this format
if the server that communicates with the run-time user application program
must receive an XML data steam.
- URL-Encoded Data (HTTP Post)
- Submits a text stream to the specified Uniform Resource Locator
(URL) using the POST method. The text stream can
be parsed by an FTP server, a mail server, a web server, or a CGI
script that processes HTML forms. To use this method, users must
open the form in Adobe Reader 6.0 or later or in a web browser unless
the URL specifies the mailto protocol.
- Sign Submission
- Applies a data signature to the submitted data. When a form filler
clicks the button, a digital signature is created to cover the submitted
data and attachments. Data signatures secure the signed data and
guarantee the data integrity during transmission. You apply data
signatures to the form data or to the entire submission, including
attachments. Click the Settings buton to define optional security
properties for the data signature, such as the signature handler, signing
certificates, and certificate issuers.
- Encrypt Submission
- Encrypts form content. When a form filler clicks the button,
the form content is encrypted before submission to secure the form content
during transmission. You apply encryption to the form data or to
the entire submission, including attachments. Click the Settings
buton to define optional encryption properties such as encryption
algorithm, encryption certificate, certificate issuers, and key
the items to include as attachments. Attachments may be included
with XDP files only.
- Includes review comments, tool tips, and any other special
tags needed to capture screen reader text.
- PDF (Includes Signatures)
- When selected, includes a PDF version of the form when it
is submitted as an attachment; otherwise, a reference to an embedded PDF
file is included.
- Includes a copy of the form design without merged data.
- Includes one or more <xdp> elements in the XDP source
file. The specified elements must be separated by commas and white
space is optional. For example: xci, xslt, sourceset.
Sets the encoding format for data transfers.
- Unicode Transformation Format 8.
- Unicode Transformation Format 16.
- Shifted encoding of the Japanese Industrial Standard.
- Common standard for encoding traditional Chinese characters.
- Simplified Chinese (GB 13000.1-93) character encoding (an
extension of GB 2312-80).
- Korean encoding.
- People's Republic of China (PRC) official character set encoding (supersedes