you create a check box, the Value tab displays several options that
you can apply to the object.
run-time calculations and prompts.
- User Entered
- Users may choose to enter data or not.
- Calculated - Read Only
- A data value will be calculated and displayed at run time
through an attached script. Users will not be able to edit the calculated value.
- Calculated - User Can Override
- A data value will be calculated and displayed through an
attached script. Users can edit the value if the calculation script
has been written to accept the input. If a user does edit the calculated
value, the custom message you specify in the Override Message box
- Read Only
- A data value will be merged or calculated and displayed at
run time. Users will not be able to edit the value.
the initial state of the check box.
- The default state is On. The check box is selected initially.
- The default state is Off. The check box is deselected initially.
- The default state is Neutral. The box is filled with grey
Note: The Default list is available
only when the Type option is set to User Entered or Read Only. The
Neutral option is available from the Default list only when the
States area in the Field tab is set to On/Off/Neutral.
Validation Script Message and Error
Sets a custom message to display
when an attached validation script detects an unacceptable value.
By default, this situation causes a programming error to be generated
at run time. To generate a warning instead, deselect the Error option. See To validate user input.
is not available when the Type option is set to Protect, Calculated
- Read Only, or Read Only. Validation Script Message is a dynamic
property. Dynamic properties are identified by active labels that
have a green underline that you can click to dynamically bind the
property to a data source. To turn active labels on and off, use
the Show Dynamic Properties command in the Object palette menu.
See Dynamically populate a validation script message
Sets a custom message to inform users that they
are changing the value of a calculated field. The message appears
when a user changes the calculated value.
option is available only when the Type option is set to Calculated
- User Can Override.