Date/time field properties in the Binding tab
you create a date/time field, the Binding tab presents data binding
options that you can apply to the field. Options that are not specifically
related to creating a data connection apply both to data bound to
a data source and data saved to a file when the object is not bound
to a data source.
Sets the default data-binding method:
- Use name
- Enables data merging and saving options. Data values are
merged and stored implicitly according to Adobe data-merging rules.
- Use global data
- Associates a single data value with all objects that have
the same name (see To define a global field).
- New Data Connection
- Starts the New Data Connection wizard. To define a connection
using the wizard, see Create a data connection to an XML schema or Create a data connection to an OLE database.
- No data binding
- Disables data binding. Because the object will not capture
or display merged data, any information associated with the object
is not written as output when the form data is saved/submitted.
Sets the format in which data in the field is displayed.
- Displays the data in the field in date format.
- Displays the data in the field in time format.
- Date and Time
- Displays the data in the field in date/time format.