Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box
this dialog box to create and manage keyboard shortcuts for the
commands in Designer.
To display this dialog box, select Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Lists the (Default) and user-defined sets of keyboard shortcuts
that you can use, modify and save, or delete. After any changes
are made to a selected set, the word (Modified) is appended to the
- Save As
- Opens the Save As dialog box, letting you name and save the
selected keyboard shortcut set. You can rename any modified set
to suit you needs. You cannot replace the (Default) keyboard shortcut
- Deletes the selected set of keyboard shortcuts. You cannot
delete the (Default) keyboard shortcut set.
- Product Area
- Lists the product areas (including menus and palettes) for
which you can create one or more customized keyboard shortcuts.
- Displays all available commands when All Commands is selected
in the Product Area list but displays only the relevant commands
when a specific menu or palette is selected. Commands are organized
into product areas such as File, Edit, View, and Palettes.
- Current Shortcuts
- Lists the shortcut keys that are assigned to the command that
is selected in the Commands list.
- Removes the selected shortcut from the Current Shortcuts
list. This option is unavailable when the command selected in the
Commands list does not have any shortcut keys assigned to it.
- New Shortcut
- Box in which you type the new shortcut keys you want to assign to
the selected command.
- Assigns the new shortcut keys to the selected command.
- Provides a short description of the selected command.