The General Settings area contains the following settings:
- Validity Period:
- The time period during which the policy-protected document is
accessible to authorized recipients. You can choose from these validity
- Document will not be valid after:
- The document is accessible for the specified number of days
from when the document was secured.
- Document will not be valid after this date:
- The document is valid from the date the policy is applied
to the document until the end date that is specified.
- Valid from, to:
- The document is valid during the dates you specified. You
can use the calendar to select a date, where applicable, by clicking
the calendar icon.
- Document is always valid:
- The document validity period does not expire.
Note: The validity dates are based on the time zone
of the Rights Management system, not on the time zone of your local
- Enable or disable auditing of the events that are associated
with a policy-protected document. For example, Rights Management
can record events such as attempts to open a document. Audited events
appear in the list on the Events page. If you do not select this
option, Rights Management does not record events for documents that
are associated with the policy.
Note: The administrator
must also enable server auditing on the Auditing and Privacy Settings
configuration page for the auditing feature to work.
- Extended Usage Tracking:
- Enable or disable Extended Usage Tracking. Rights Management
supports tracking of user events associated with various operations
performed on a PDF file. The Rights Management object can be accessed using
a Java Script. A button click, a multimedia file being played, or
the saving of a file are some examples of events that can fired
from a policy protected PDF. Using the Rights Management object,
you can also retrieve user information. The tracking of events may
be enabled from the Rights Management server at the global level
or at a policy level.
- Auto-Offline Lease Period:
- The maximum number of days the recipient can use the policy-protected
document offline (without an active Internet or network connection).
When the lease period expires, the recipient must synchronize the document
again to continue using it.