Layout properties in the Layout palette
Using the Layout palette, you can specify
a number of characteristics that apply to the selected object, including
its size and position, margins, and location of captions. You can
specify layout properties for each object on the page.
- X and Y
- Sets the horizontal and vertical position of the object’s
anchor point. If the setting in the Anchor list is not Top Left,
X and Y options change to AnchorX and AnchorY. See To position objects
- Width, Height, and Expand to Fit/Auto-fit
- Sets the minimum overall height and width of the object and
enables expansion in that direction if required. See To position objects and To make objects expand to fit.
expand objects, you can also select the Show Text Overflow Indicators
option on the Wizards and Tips panel in the Options dialog box.
See Wizards and Tips (Options dialog box)
The Auto-fit options
appears for subform objects only. When selected, the subform changes
size in Designer to fit the enclosed content.
- Sets the object’s anchor point. See To rotate objects.
the object around its anchor point. See To rotate objects.
- Content Alignment in a Flowed Container
- Sets the alignment of the selected object in a subform that
- Sets the amount of white space on the left and right sides
of the object and above and below the object. See Formatting objects.
- Sets the position of a caption. See Creating an insertion point.
- Sets the amount of space reserved for a caption. See Formatting objects.
reserve of 0 sets the caption area to auto-fit. It adjusts the size
of the object to fit the caption.