Share a presentation
hosts or presenters who share a presentation in the Share pod, special controls
are available for navigating and displaying the presentation. A
presentation layout has the following areas:
- The main part of the window, which displays the presentation slides.
- Presentation sidebar
- An area on the right side (default location) of the browser window
that shows the name of the presentation, the presenter information,
and the Outline, Thumb, Notes, and Search tabs (if the tabs were
included in presentation theme). If you cannot see the sidebar,
click Show/Hide Sidebar in
the Presentation toolbar.
- Presentation toolbar
- A control bar at the bottom of the presentation that gives you
control over the presentation playback, audio, attachments, and
screen size. This is visible to hosts only, unless a host chooses
to display it to participants. (To see all presentation toolbar
options, the presentation file should be loaded to the content library
from Adobe Presenter. If you load the PowerPoint PPT file directly into
the Share pod from your computer, not all presentation toolbar options
are visible. You may also need to click Sync.)
Connect Pro administrators can change pod, sharing, and other settings
to adhere to standards for governance. These settings affect the
layout of meeting rooms and what you can do in meeting rooms. For
more information, see Working with compliance and control settings
Use the presentation Outline tab
Most presentations have an Outline tab on
the sidebar. The Outline tab lists the title and duration of each
slide. You can use the Outline tab to display information and to
move to a specific slide in the presentation. The current slide
is highlighted with a glow color, which you can change in the theme.
You can choose to display the highlight outline to all attendees
or to hosts and presenters only.
- Click the Outline tab in the sidebar at the right.
- To move to a slide in the presentation, click its title
in the Outline tab.
- To show the full slide title, move the pointer over the
Use the Presentation Thumb tab
Presentations can have a Thumb tab on the
sidebar. The Thumb tab shows a small picture of each slide, the
slide title, and the slide duration. The current slide is highlighted
with a glow color, which you can change in the theme. You can use the
Thumb tab to see the contents each slide quickly and to move to
a specific slide in the presentation.
Note: If you upload your
presentations directly from your computer and into a meeting, the
Thumb tab is not displayed. Adobe recommends adding presentations to
a meeting from the Content library.
- Click the Thumb tab in the sidebar at the right.
- To move to a slide, click its title in the Thumb tab.
- To show the slide title, move the pointer over the title.
View Presentation slide notes
When creating a presentation in PowerPoint,
you can enter notes for individual slides. If any slide notes exist,
they can be displayed in the presentation. Slide notes appear on
the right side of the presentation window. You cannot change the
size of the slide Notes tab.
Click the Notes tab in the sidebar on the right
The complete notes text is displayed. The text is unformatted
and cannot be edited directly on the tab.
Search for text in a presentation
- Click the Search tab in the sidebar
on the right side.
- Type the text to search for directly into the text box.
- Click Search .
- Search results are displayed below the text box. Click
any slide title in the results list to display that slide.
Presentation toolbar options
You can control the presentation appearance
and playback by using the toolbar located at the bottom of the presentation.
(To see all presentation toolbar options, the presentation file
should be loaded to the Content library from Adobe Presenter. If
you load the PowerPoint PPT file directly into the Share pod from
your computer, not all presentation toolbar options are visible.
You may also need to click Sync.)
- Pauses and resumes play of the current slide.
- Moves to the previous slide in the presentation.
- Moves to the next slide in the presentation.
- Slide progress bar
- Shows and controls the playback location within the current slide.
The position marker moves as the slide plays. You can drag the marker arrow
forward or back in the current slide to change your playback location.
You can also click a specific location on the progress bar to move
the slide marker position and slide playback there.
- Current slide number
- Shows the number of the currently displayed slide and the
total number of slides (for example, 2/10).
- Shows the status of the current slide, such as Playing, Stopped,
No audio, or Presentation complete.
- Shows the current slide time and the total slide time as
the slide plays (for example, 00.02/00.05).
- Audio volume
- Shows the volume level that is set for the slide.
- Displays a small window showing any attachments (for example, documents,
spreadsheets, images, URLs) that have been added.
- Show/Hide sidebar
- Shows or hides the sidebar.