Adobe LiveCycle Data Services ES 2.6.1 Release Notes
Welcome to Adobe® LiveCycle® Data Services ES 2.6.1.
Last updated: October 31, 2008.
Minimum System Requirements:
LiveCycle Data Services ES requires a minimum of Adobe® Flex™ SDK 3.2 build 3794 (22.214.171.12494), which is included as part of the LiveCycle Data Services installation. To use Adobe® Flex™ Builder™ with LiveCycle Data Services ES, you must use Flex Builder 3.0.2.
These release notes includes the following sections:
The LiveCycle Data Services ES 2.6.1 release fixes known issues in the previous release, but adds no new features.
This release includes two updates to the documentation:
- An update to the "Integrating Flex applications with portal servers" chapter from the "Adobe LiveCycle Data Services ES 2.6 Developer Guide" which contains new information about using a portal server in a federated portal architecture. Download the PDF file to obtain this update.
- An update to the "Using the Remoting Service" chapter from the "Adobe LiveCycle Data Services ES 2.6 Developer Guide" describes a resolution to bug BLZ-231 for using the AMFConnection API to call remote objects from Java applications. Download the PDF file to obtain this update.
For more information on the AMFConnection Java class, see the AMFConnection API reference.
No other documentation changes were required for the LiveCycle Data Services ES 2.6.1 release. Continue to use the LiveCycle Data Services ES 2.6 documentation.
For more information, including samples and examples, see the LiveCycle Developer Center:
This release fixes the following issues in LiveCycle Data Services ES 2.6.
- BLZ-252 and BLZ-253
In LiveCycle Data Services ES 2.6, the
match-onconfiguration property lets you set browser-specific limits to streaming channels for the
match-onvalues are compared against the User-Agent HTTP request header value returned from the browser. Therefore, to configure setting for specific browsers, determine the User-Agent request header value and then set the
match-onconfiguration property accordingly. The
match-onvalue can be a substring of the full User-Agent value.
The following examples sets these properties for the Firefox browser:
<user-agent-settings> <user-agent match-on="Firefox" kickstart-bytes= "0" max-streaming-connections-per-session="1"/> <user-agent match-on="Firefox/3" kickstart-bytes= "0" max-streaming-connections-per-session="4"/> </user-agent-settings>
match-onvalues match the User-Agent HTTP request header value, the one with the longest match is used. In the example above, if the User-Agent HTTP request header value is "Firefox/3", the second
match-onproperty is used since it has a longer match.
In this release, you can now specify a
match-onvalue of "*". A match-on value of "*" is the default configuration used to match a client that does not match any of the other
match-onvalues. However, LiveCycle Data Services has built-in default settings for Internet Explorer (
match-on="MSIE") and FireFox (
match-on="Firefox"). Therefore, you must explicitly specify those browsers as the value of the
match-onproperty to override the defaults.
You can now include the
user-agent-settingsproperty for long polling channels, in addition to setting it for streaming channels, to set the
max-streaming-connections-per-sessionproperty limits the total number of long polling or streaming connections that can be made from a client to the endpoint in the same browser session. If a long polling channel attempts to connect to an endpoint that is already at the number of connections specified by
max-streaming-connections-per-session, the long polling channel will use polling instead.
LiveCycle Data Services maintains a single setting of
max-streaming-connections-per-session. Therefore, set
max-streaming-connections-per-sessionto the same value for all streaming and long polling channels.
- BLZ-83 - LC DS now supports NetConnection calls over HTTP from FMS3.
- BLZ-176 - No authentication error when a Producer tries to send a message over streaming channel with insufficient credentials.
- BLZ-188 - MBeanServerGateway.queryNames() and queryMBeans() methods can throw a ClassCastExceptions error.
- BLZ-198 - MBeanServerGateway.getFlexDomains() can throw a StringIndexOutOfBoundsException error.
- BLZ-200 - Setting virtual-host in proxy-config can cause a ConfigurationException error.
- BLZ-201 - Configuring a host and port for proxy setting can cause a ConfigurationException.
- BLZ-210 - Java-Enums not mapped correctly when using StreamingAMFEndpoint.
- BLZ-217 - Add a resources/lib directory to BlazeDS turnkey with messaging JAR files.
- BLZ-212 - The values of properties within <properties> blocks in configuration files need to be trimmed.
- BLZ-221 - After removing a symbol, it could not be added back to the list.
- BLZ-223 - Send/receive messages over streaming HTTP channels not functioning properly in build 2560.
- BLZ-224 - The description for the Trader Desktop application said that one of the channels used by the application was long-polling, but long-polling isn't used in the sample.
- BLZ-225 - flex.samples.marketdata.Stock application is not serializable, and the example can fail in a cluster.
- BLZ-227 - When using a JMS Destination, MessageClient and FlexClient are not released from memory when the session times out.
- BLZ-231 - Expose the instantiateTypes property of SerializationContext on the AMFConnection Java class.
- LCDS-148 - An IllegalThreadStateException can be thrown in JOTM.
- LCDS-176 - The Oracle OC4J web application server ships with its own implementation of JAXP, which is not compatible with PDF generation.
- LCDS-177 - Oracle TopLink, packaged by default with OC4J, and Hibernate use antlr.jar, which results in class name collisions.
- LCDS-211 - Server startup intermittently hangs with "SocketServer 'my-rtmp-SocketServer' cannot bind to accept client connections on port '2038'......." exception.
- LCDS-263 - An error can occur when using Hibernate with an application server that contains a version of antlr.jar that conflicts with the Hibernate version.
- LCDS-270 - On SAP Netweaver, LiveCycle Data Services ES can throw an exception at startup when a Hibernate destination is defined.
- LCDS-329 - AMF streams can becomes corrupted when serializing XML documents that exist in an object graph.
- LCDS-333 - Make Sequence.subscriberIds a concurrent hashmap.
- LCDS-335 - RTMP connections on the server should prevent writes of AMF data having length >= 2^24 bytes.
- LCDS-351 - Commit after delete with deleted item as parameter to the commit can cause a runtime error.
- LCDS-352 - Update Coldfusion 8.01 integration with LCDS 2.6.
- LCDS-358 - RTMPS writes can stall when network TCP buffers back up.
- LCDS-363 - Hierarchical values with array setItem() calls do not revert properly.
- LCDS-366 - RTMP/NIO Server endpoints can fail to start on ZSeries.
- LCDS-370 - Passing user credentials from Flex application to WAS 6.1 returns java.lang.ClassCastException.
- LCDS-385 - Redeploying a Flex application to FDS 2.0.1 on Weblogic can cause a memory leak.
- LCDS-388 - Creation of nested graph might not create all associated items.
- LCDS-428 - Disable polling on non-polling channels.
- LCDS-440 - Offline and nested associations can return incorrect metadata.
- LCDS-447 - The Ajax Bridge ICursorView class now works correctly with Flash Player 10.
- SDK-16086 - Credentials can be cleared following a server crash or network disconnect. This situation can cause automatic reconnect to secure destinations to fail.
- vendors.properties file which is used in vendor specific login commands was not being read properly and as a result some login related error messages were not being displayed correctly.
- 210834 NIO-based channels do no work in an IPv6 environment on Microsoft Windows. See the following Sun bug http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6230761
- A MIME type mapping for Adobe AIR applications is required to allow browsers to download AIR applications. The correct MIME type mapping for AIR is "application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip air". For more information, see http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/air/1/AIR1_release_notes.pdf.
- Use the following procedure to configure JDBC data sources to support transactions in the Tomcat 6 server:
- For each data source defined by a <Resource .../> tag, add the following attribute:
- Create a carol.properties file in the tomcat/lib directory that contains the following:
# JNDI (Protocol Invocation) carol.protocols=jrmp # Local RMI Invocation carol.jvm.rmi.local.call=false # do not use CAROL JNDI wrapper carol.start.jndi=false # do not start a name server carol.start.ns=false # Naming Factory carol.jndi.java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.apache.naming
- For each data source defined by a <Resource .../> tag, add the following attribute:
- Runtime substitution of tokens (such as
server.port) in endpoint URLs in channel configurations do not work in AIR applications. Destinations that service AIR applications must not be configured with channels containing tokens; use literal URL values instead.
- BLZ-48 The Apache connector, and other older HTTP proxies, buffer HTTP responses to effectively block streaming connections. The workaround is to use simple polling or long-polling channels instead of streaming channels. This issue effects WebOTX, OC4J 10.1.3.3, and SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 SP3 application servers.
- LCDS-259 UserTransaction not working on Fujitsu Interstage
This issue effects NIO-based RTMP, AMF, and HTTP endpoints with transactions enabled. As a workaround, disable transactions or use one of the servlet-based endpoints.
- LCDS-325 LiveCycle ES services invoked by Remoting can pass documents containing only XML back to Flex clients by setting the type of DocumentReference to INLINE. These documents cannot be immediately used as input parameters to other LiveCycle services invoked by Remoting.
For example, you invoke the RepositoryService by Remoting using the following procedure:
- Call the
readResource()method to read an object which contains inline XML.
- Call the
updateResource()method and pass in the DocumentReference object returned from the
readResource()method. This invocation results in the following error: "DocumentReference type is set to INLINE but content passed in was empty."
The workaround is before calling the
updateResource()method, set the
textproperty of the passed-in DocumentReference to the xml property of the DocumentReference returned from the
readResource()method. For example:
param.resource.content.dataDocument.text = readResourceResult.content.dataDocument.xml;
In this example,
readResourceResultcontains the result returned from the
- Call the
- LCDS-355 On Tomcat, a conflict with the commons-logging.jar file in JOTM can cause a LogConfigurationException.
To work around this issue, remove the commons-logging.jar file from the WEB-INF/lib directory.
- LCDS-451 - JBoss 2.6.6 does not provide complete support for federated portlets. Therefore, you cannot use LiveCycle Data Services ES in a federated portlet configuration with JBoss 2.6.6. Specifically, JBoss does not correctly rewrite resource URLs to proxy requests through the consumer server.
- LCDS-493 - The following issues may occur if you are running a Websphere portal server in a consumer/producer mode with a Flex-based portlet:
- The consumer portal server interferes with streaming HTTP channels causing them to fail. To work around this issue, use polling or long-polling channels instead.
channel_urivalue is URL encoded, preventing the consumer portal from correctly rewriting it. To work around this issue, update the portal_view.jsp file to not URL encode the
channel_urivalue by replacing the following line:
String channelPath = java.net.URLEncoder.encode(renderResponse.encodeURL(renderRequest.getContextPath() + channel_uri), "utf-8");
with this line:
String channelPath = renderResponse.encodeURL(renderRequest.getContextPath() + channel_uri);