Create and apply Develop presets
Presets provide a way to save a group of settings
and apply them to other photos. Once you create and add a preset
to the Presets panel in the Develop module, it remains there until
you delete it. It also appears in the list of Develop settings that you
can select it when you import photos.
Preview and apply a Develop preset
A set of default presets is listed in the
Presets panel of the Develop module. Click the Lightroom Presets
folder to display the default presets.
- To preview the effects of a preset on
your photo, move the pointer over it in the Presets panel and view
the effects in the Navigator panel.
- To apply a preset to the photo, click it in the Presets
Create and organize Develop preset folders
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click
(Mac OS) the area where you want the folder to appear and
choose New Folder.
- Type the name of the folder and click OK.
- Drag a template to a folder name to move the template
to that folder.
If you drag a Lightroom preset template to a different
folder, the template is copied to that folder.
Create a Develop preset
Presets you create are based on the current
settings of the selected photo.
- In the Develop module, click the Create New Preset (+)
button at the top of the Presets panel or choose Develop >
- Click Check All to select everything or click Check None
to deselect everything, and then click to select each of the settings
to include in the preset.
- Type a name in the Preset Name box, specify which folder
the preset should appear in, and click Create.
The preset is added to the list in the Presets panel
in the specified folder.
Update a Develop preset
- Select a user preset and modify settings
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS)
a preset in the Presets panel and choose Update With Current Settings.
- Specify the settings you want to include in the preset
and click Update.
Delete a custom preset
You cannot delete built-in Lightroom presets.
You can delete only custom presets.
In the Develop module, right-click (Windows) or
Control-click (Mac OS) a preset in the Presets panel and
Note: Do not press the Delete key on your keyboard; this
deletes the currently selected photo.
Determine where custom presets are stored
- To store user presets in a folder with
the catalog, in the Presets panel of the Preferences dialog box,
select Store Presets With Catalog.
- To see where a user preset is located, right-click (Windows)
or Control-click (Mac OS) it in the Presets panel of the
Develop module and choose Show In Explorer (Windows) or Show In
Finder (Mac OS).
Import and export a Develop preset
You can export presets you’ve created to share
with colleagues or to use on a different computer. Preset templates
are saved with an .lrtemplate extension.
- To export a preset, right-click (Windows)
or Control-click (Mac OS) a preset and choose Export. Type
the name of the preset template file and click Save.
- To import a preset, right-click (Windows) or Control-click
(Mac OS) the area where you want the preset to appear and
choose Import. Double-click the preset template file.